Absolutely perfect for a cold and damp day. Which lasted all last weekend and most of this past week.
If you’re a Weight Watchers member, you can find the recipe and Points Plus breakdown here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
- 2 large uncooked onion(s), chopped.
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (If you don’t like spicy food, you can simply substitute fresh chipotles, but remember to remove the seeds, and I would recommend grilling or sautéing them before adding to the chili).
- 2 Tbsp store-bought adobo sauce
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped.
It’s pretty easy after that.
In a heavy skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil and sauté the meat and onions until the turkey is cooked. I used a large skillet with tall sides.
Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, chipotle and adobo sauce and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the water, salt, pepper, and half the cilantro and cook on low for an hour and half, adding water as needed.
In the last 15 minutes of cooking, add the remaining cilantro and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Serves 5. Serve with veggies or brown rice.
Final Points Plus total: 9 per serving, but don’t worry, each serving is pretty filling. You can also add really any vegetable you like, as you can see I added corn, but celery would be tasty as well.