French fries are my weakness. I’ll admit that to anyone. Which is why I’m really happy I found this recipe for “vegetable fries”
Y’all know I’m always looking for new ways to make my veggies yummy, and this is a super easy one.
Here’s what you’ll need. You can vary the amounts depending on how many mouths you have to feed, but I used carrots only, and I chopped about 8 of them and we had plenty to go with dinner.
- Carrots (recommended, but this recipe is delicious with any hearty vegetable really. I also recommend zucchini, green beans and squash)
- Olive oil
- Seasonings (whatever you desire)
Be prepared to be generous with the salt.
1. Preheat oven to 220 C/425 F
2. Cut your veg into 8-cm/3-inch sticks, making sure they are even in thickness.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper and a light layer of olive oil.
4. SEASON – go with the usual salt&pepper and branch out to one or two of the following (Choose Your Own Adventure-style): paprika, cumin, cayenne, crushed red peppers, thyme, rosemary, sage – really, whatever you like or whatever you think will suit your meal. I was making my greek yogurt italian chicken, so I used basil and oregano.
5. Spread your seasoned veg over your lined tray and roast, tossing halfway through, for about 20 minutes or until golden and slightly browned at the edges.
Okay, that’s all from me today. I’m in Ohio for the long weekend. I’m sure there will be pictures to post next week.