I know right? Another recipe? I’ve been cooking a lot lately. It’s one of my new year’s resolutions that I started early.
So I made this as part of Christmas Eve dinner. Yes, the very dinner that included bacon in every single course. Oops.
Needless to say everything was delicious, but this was the only thing that could maybe pass for being healthy.
So I give to you, my Spinach and Bacon Sautee! (Inspired by this kale and bacon stir fry I saw on a Paleo blog, which I found on Pinterest.) I highly recommend the kale version if you are confident in
So here is my version. Made with spinach.your ability to cook kale (which I am not) and if you are cooking for people who love kale (I was not).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 large bundles of fresh spinach
- 1 large lemon
- 5 strips of bacon
- 1 large skillet
I put the skillet in there because the ingredient list looked really small. Oh well, moving on.
So here’s what you do.
- Chop the bacon strips into small bites. I chopped them into about half inch-inch size pieces Throw them in a hot non-stick skillet.
- Wash the spinach and give it a rough chop. Remove as many of the stems as you like, but no need to drive yourself crazy over it.
- Once the bacon is done to your liking, throw in all of the spinach. It will look like a lot. It will cook down a ton. Trust me.
- Wait for the pile to start wilting, and stir gently.
- Once the spinach has cooked down a bit, squeeze half the lemon over the skillet. (here’s a trick: roll the lemon on the counter or a cutting board before slicing it. That will help get the juice going inside and make squeezing it a ton easier.)
- Let it finish cooking, until the spinach is wilted to your pleasure.
- Drain in a colander and serve immediately.
Wow. That was easy. Hope y’all enjoy it!