Seriously, it should be criminal how easy this is. And people go crazy over it. My friend Pamela asked me to marry her after trying it. True story.
Here it is:
I usually serve it with bell peppers (usually green, because they’re the cheapest), broccoli, carrot slices, and cucumber slices. But it’s also delicious with cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, pita chips, Wheat Thins, celery….the list goes on.
But it’s absurd how easy this is. Seriously. Here’s what you need:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt. (usually it calls for 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayo, but I cut the fat and used greek yogurt. This also makes it more lactose friendly to some people who have lactose issues).
- 1 (8 ounce) package Knorr’s vegetable soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator about 2 hours.
- Watch as your friends and family marvel and your culinary prowess.
Thank you, Knorr’s, for letting people think I’m a culinary genius.