So I got into a cooking mood again this weekend.
First, I decided to make this amazing skillet lasagna recipe I found on a website via Pinterest.
Here it is, in its finished form.
You need to make this tonight. It takes maybe 45 minutes (especially if you’re like me and you’re terrible at multi-tasking in the kitchen).
Recipe adapted from Eat Skinny Be Skinny.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (I didn’t use the whole onion, because when I was done chopping, I realized it was a lot of onion.)
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- About 6 ounces lasagna noodles, broken into thirds & fully cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley (dried or fresh)
We omitted the mushrooms because we don’t like them.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, salt and pepper. Cook mixture until it thickens up a bit, around 5 minutes.
- Add noodles to skillet and stir into the mixture. Add ricotta cheese over the noodles; add in mozzarella and Parmesan. Stir in parsley. Cook about 2 more minutes, or until mixture is thick.
- Serve immediately.
It’s delicious. Seriously.