It’s simple. I was headed to a bachelorette weekend on the lake. And assigned with bringing/making dinner on Friday night. So of course I thought up a killer make ahead casserole that the girls loved.
It makes a ton of food, so it’s great for parties and what not. If you’re making it for yourself, be prepared for leftovers.
Here’s what’s in it:
- 1 1/2 chicken breast, grilled and seasoned, cut into bite size cubes.
- 1 bag pre-cooked medium sized frozen shrimp.
- 1 bag frozen vegetables (I used a broccoli, carrot and cauliflower medley and I highly recommend it, but it’s up to you if you have picky eaters at the table.)
- 1 box wheat bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces pre-made basil pesto (I used home made, because I had it on hand, but store bought is fine.)
- Olive oil, to taste and for texture.
It’s really just this simple.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Thaw and drain both the shrimp and the vegetables, you don’t want all that extra water in your casserole, trust me. Combine all of the ingredients but the olive oil and mix thoroughly. Add about 1 Tbsp of olive oil to loosen up the pesto and turn it into a light sauce. Mix a few more times until everything is incorporated.
Pour the mixture into a 13×9 casserole dish. (At this point, I topped the dish with a mixture of equal parts bread crumb and parmesean cheese so I could get a nice toasty brown color on top.)
Throw it into the oven about for about 30 minutes just prior to serving.
Enjoy! The final product only has about 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus per serving, and even less if you go light on the oil.
Also, I am terribly sorry for not having a finished product picture for you, I couldn’t get a picture before the girls started eating it!