So I found this recipe for parmesan crusted chicken and decided to adapt it to make it low fat and (of course) put my own spin on it. What transpired was a super easy and quick recipe for flavorful and moist chicken, without all the guilt.
You can check out the original recipe in the link above.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (the original recipe calls for 1/4 cup, but I really like cheese)
- roughly 2/3 cup of italian style bread crumbs
- Roughly 1 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless.
- garlic powder
- First, mix together the herbs, greek yogurt and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl. It should create an almost paste-like consistency.
- Line a casserole dish with parchment paper (optional) for easy clean up. Place the chicken breasts in the dish and slather on the mixture. Don’t be afraid to be generous!
- Sprinkly the bread crumbs on top.
- I was cooking for two, so i only did two breasts, but used the same amount of mixture. Technically this is enough for up to 4 chicken breasts.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle and the juices run clear. Set to broil at the very end to crisp up the bread crumbs, but make sure to keep an eye on it!
- Serve with your favorite green veggie.